Wednesday, April 28, 2010

On Literature and Agriculture

"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" - Shakespeare (by way of Patrick Hamilton)

If ever there were an observation more pertinent to farming and our situation specifically I have yet to hear it. Reading Richo Cech's new book today I was reminded of the important role faith plays in all this growing business. We undermine ourselves, those around us, and Life itself when we doubt - lose faith. What is amazing and miraculous and I suppose expected is that Life continues on without us!

The 'weeds' we try and try to eradicate spring like the 'devil' from severed tap roots; discarded plants with roots laid to dry in the sun seem to flourish; yet we worry about the lettuce or tatsoi!

There is so much more to all of this, and while I maybe should write about it here - it's still forming and becoming - and I'm still having faith.

That there will be a home for our friends the plants, and for us.

I really just wanted to share that quote with you. It's entirely appropriate for us right now.

In Love, Light, and Faith,

No comments:

Post a Comment